If your hair is short and looking for some instant extension for some occasional events, human hair extensions should be your best choice. However, due to little knowledge of hair extensions, some women still hesitate if wearing hair extension can have advantages of both get instant hair beauty transformed and without damage to own hair? The following is summarized of some hair extensions myths to help you dismiss any concern of extending your hair with beauty locks. If you are African American looking clip in hair extensions, Rosee wrote an ultimate guide to help you choose best clip in extensions for black hair.
- Damage from extensions: There has been a lot of discussion about the fact that hair extensions causes damage to your real hair but it is a rumor and not true at all. If you install it properly and treat it with proper care, there is no chance that it will damage your natural hair or cause breakage;
- Hair extensions have a fake look: Remy hair looks as real as your natural hair. As long as the hair you purchase is 100% remy hair and it has the cuticles facing the same direction then you should have no problem. Install the extension the right way and match its color and texture with your real hair and people would not notice that you have an extension installed. Real Remy hair allows you to style and iron like you would do to your natural hair;
- Hair extensions are difficult to maintain and care for: It is very easy to maintain Remy hair extensions like it is your real hair due to the quality of the extension. You can wash, braid, iron and style to your satisfaction without any problems but you should be careful with how you handle it as nothing lasts long without proper care. Avoid combing them while wet and air-dry if possible to prolong the life span of the extensions;
- Re-fixing hair extensions is a problem: re-fixing hair extensions is never a problem due to the fact that they are much simpler and less time consuming ways of installing hair extensions. You can purchase a clip-in hair extension; it can be easily clipped on and removed without any stress. Another one is the tape-in hair extension; the extensions can be re-installed by replacing the glue part and can also be removed easily without stress. Always get the help of a professional stylist, to avoid any errors in the process;
- Hair Extensions do not last long: This is a real myth because I believe that if you take proper care of your hair extensions and the extensions are real human hair and not synthetic extensions, then they should last about 6 months with proper care and maintenance. Always visit a stylist from time to time to readjust the extensions and make sure that they are in place.
Once you learn these myths, you should be confident on shopping hair extensions, and regard wearing hair extensions as one of enjoyable activities.